BE A PART OF CONSERVING OUR FUTURE!
Open to graduate students studying environmental science or a related field at colleges and universities listed below:
· UC Berkeley
· Texas A&M
· Colorado State
· Virginia Tech
· Oregon State
· Notre Dame
· Georgia Tech
Students are to write a 2,000-2500 word essay on one of the topics outlined below:
1. How should the conservation value of land be assessed?
2. The value of private conservation easements and mitigation banking for land conservation.
3. Why do we need to conserve relatively natural land?
4. Why do we need to conserve agricultural land?
Submission Packet Includes 4 items:
· Essay – Minimum of 2,000 to maximum of 2,500 words submitted in double spaced, no smaller than 1 in. margins
· Current Student Transcripts – Includes Current class registrations
· Letter of Recommendation from professor
Fellowship Awards for first, second and third. (Ties will be decided by TBEG.)
· Graduate Students
· 6 or more semesters of university experience
Application packages will be measured by a 30 point score system.
1. Essay: How well it speaks to topic; real world examples used in the essay; utilization of references, resources, quotes, etc.; grammar. Essays reviewed by panel of judges consisting of natural resource professionals. The essay is worth a possible of 20 Points.
2. Professionalism: The letter of recommendation and resume are worth 10 points.
* Scores will not be made known to participants at any time.
TBGLT has the right to use essay content for our own purposes. Essays and author's names may be published on our website. The author has the option not to publish their name.
DEADLINE: June 6th, 2019
THE BARN ENVIRONMENTAL GROUP, INC. (FID 46-5570320)
D/B/A THE BARN GROUP LAND TRUST